Bihar Tourism Photography Contest 2018
Note: Once you make payment please check your E-Mail for payment confirmation and using the same E-Mail Id you need to send the filled up form and photographs for the contest.
If you have a passion for photography BSTDC will provide you the pedestal to showcase your talent to the whole world.
The photos should be shot in the state of Bihar and may depict the subject under following categories:
1. Heritage Site
2. Religious Site
3. Forest & Wild Life
4. People, Art, Festivals, Fairs and Rural life of Bihar
* if there is not enough participation in a particular category as mentioned above it may be withdrawn.
While submitting the photograph please give details of your location, subject and your story about the photograph in not more than 25 word in the given form. This may form a part of the story if your photograph is used and displayed.
The photographs must be submitted by 30th September 2018 on the following E-Mail address:
Judging and Prize Distribution
1. BSTDC will appoint a jury of eminent experts to judge the photos in each category. This will comprise of members of the BSTDC and / or external judges.
2. The judging panel will assess and determine the winning criteria. The results and the winners will be announced on the website.
3. The decision of BSTDC’s judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
4. BSTDC reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. The details maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
5. The names of the winning participants shall be available on BSTDC website. The winners shall also be informed over the email as well.
6. BSTDC will call upon the winning participant at their own expenses in a ceremony to be organized to be felicitated.
7. To discourage non-serious entries a nominal fee of Rs. 100/- per entrant shall be payable. Each entrant can send up to three photographs pertaining to one category only. An entrant needs to pay the amount Rs. 100/- online by clicking on the above given link.
Intellectual Property Rights
1. The Submitted details must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any material owned or controlled by a third party for which contestant has not got rights of usage and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property and rights of any person or entity.
2. The photographs submitted as a part of this contest shall become the property of BSTDC.
3. Though BSTDC respects the participant’s copyrights. But upon making the submission, it is accepted that BSTDC is granted, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right which gives the authority to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
4. BSTDC, may or may not give credit when the image is used anywhere in hard form or on the web. The participant shall make no claim to this effect subsequently.
5. Participant shall not use the photographs once submitted to BSTDC anywhere in any other contest/ competition/ display/ exhibition etc. without the permission of BSTDC, irrespective of whether the photograph has received any prize or not.
1. Participants hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge BSTDC and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and contestant further waive any claims that anyone may state or assert against BSTDC in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of BSTDC, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. Contestant further agree to indemnify and hold harmless BSTDC from any claim arising out of this participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that contestant or they may sustain in any way associated with the participation in the contest.
2. Under no circumstance will BSTDC be liable for any:
• lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions
• Error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delays in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted detail(s)
• Problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
• incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos / videos and/or the Submissions; and/or
• Injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
3. If, for any reason, it is not possible to conduct the contest as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of BSTDC, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, BSTDC reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners from all eligible Photos / videos / information submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. BSTDC reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Upon a satisfactory receipt of the entries by the participants, the winner will be announced online and an E-mail/appropriate communication from our page will be sent to that respective winner.
2. The decision on the awarding of the winner, by BSTDC, will be final and binding and no representation shall be entertained in this regard.
3. The winner has to come and collect the prize as per the schedule given.
4. All disputes will be addressed under Patna Jurisdiction.
5. BSTDC has the full authority over the contest and can withdraw it without any prior notice.
6. Photos must meet the following requirements: JPG or JPEG file format. Ideally, the photo dimensions should be 1440x560 pixels but the same may vary. Image size should be between 2-3 MB.
7. Photographs should not have been previously published in any print and / or digital media.
8. Minimal photo editing is permissible, but altering the photograph is not allowed. We assume that every photo submission is legitimate. However, if a photo is suspected of alteration, it will be rejected. The final decision rests with the jury appointed for the purpose.
9. By submitting your photographs, you accept that you are the copyright owner of the photograph and that you agree to our terms and conditions.
10. Under our terms and conditions, the photographer owns the copyright and simultaneously grants the Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation Ltd., its affiliates and licensees worldwide royalty-free rights, and perpetual licence to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivatives of such photographs, in whole or in part and in any medium, for editorial, commercial, promotional, and/or trade purposes. In the event it is claimed that the photographs submitted by you infringes any person’s copyright, you agree to indemnify against all costs, expenses, losses, fines etc. incurred, borne or suffered by Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation Ltd.
11. All participants must be above 18 years of age.
12. Employees, officers and directors of BSTDC and the managing agency, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising partners, retailers and immediate family members (spouses and siblings, children and parents and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible to participate for the sake of transparency and fairness.
13. The categories / number of prizes may change at the sole discretion of the jury/BSTDC.
The Contest, Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Patna courts.
Note: You must agree to the above written statements before participating to the contest.